Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's Olympics Time!!! [part 2]

(an edit to this post):
Okay, so I have pretty much been watching the Olympics 24/7, but the best moment by far was watching the US relay team come from behind to break a world record and silence the French in the 4x100! My roommates and I were jumping up and down, yelling and screaming at our television as we watched one of the greatest sporting moments I have ever seen. It sure brings a ton of national pride, especially when the French have been talking trash! I don't know about you, but I totally feel like singing Lee Greenwood's 'Proud to be an American'!!! GO USA!

(an edit to my previous post):
After a somewhat intense conversation with some friends after church as to the legitimacy of ping-pong and badmitton as sports, I have decided that taking up either of those (or maybe skeet-shooting) might allow me to achieve my Olympic dreams without too much physical strain or sacrifice of sugar.

And for the record, I still do not consider those 'leisure activities' real sports. But, I just might change my mind if playing ping-pong gets me a gold medal in the Olympic games.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Ping Pong or badminton, seriously? I thought we were destined for synchronized diving. Don't tell me you've changed your mind.

Jimmy said...

i think you need to watch ping-pong first and then you can say whether or not it's a legitimate sport. those guys are hardcore.

joycimoicy said...

Katie, you still have a lot of azn culture to learn. Look, the azn guy before me already has something to say!