Friday, November 28, 2008

thanksgiving?

Yesterday was Thanksgiving. I confess that I spent some time trying to come up with an ‘obligatory’ post of thanksgiving, where I talk about the things I’m thankful for and how I love that there’s a holiday dedicated to food, family, and football and that we should really be thanking Jesus and not the Pilgrims.

But then I started thinking about how I was not thankful that my legal research final is due Monday. And that I have to study over Thanksgiving break. And that I have a voluminous amount of work to do before I can even begin to think about Christmas shopping. And underlying all those complaints was the thought that I’m not thankful that I am in law school.

And so I abandoned my thanksgiving endeavor.

But today, as I was (thinking about) writing this paper on North Carolina trade secret law, it dawned on me that a year ago, I was praying that I would get into UT Law.

Ooh. Right.

I forgot. I forgot?

Um, did someone say revelation?

No comments: