Saturday, June 7, 2008

He Asked, She Said????

After driving the 400 miles from Oklahoma City to Austin, I got a phone call Thursday afternoon that put me back in the car. This time, I was on my way to College Station to see my best friend get engaged. And with a little deception on both my and Dane's part, she opened the door shocked and surprised to see this:


He asked, she shook her head, and a giant rock was placed on her finger.


After all these years of our 'hypotheticals,' fake Wal-Mart rings, trips to jewelry stores with pretend fiances, and probably hundreds of hours of conversations about marriage and what our weddings would be like, one of us will actually be walking down the aisle. Wow.


So congratulations bestest friend. I have a feeling this is going to be more fun than watching you play softball...

No comments: